Storm Windows present an economical opportunity to prevent energy loss through existing windows and fights noise pollution as well. They can be fitted with a number of different glazings, such as tinted glass and tempered glass, and are available with optional solar screens. Storms remain an economical alternative to complete window replacement.
Some common uses for Storm Windows:
Historic homes which cannot have their original windows replaced
- Enclosed Porches and Patios -- get three season use from your porch when it is enclosed with storm windows
- Window solution for outdoor garages or sheds
Storm windows are installed upon the exterior of your existing windows to provide an additional barrier against adverse weather conditions and provide a more comfortable environment in your home. Our storm windows are made-to-order in custom sizes to meet your unique needs and are available in Mill Finish (unpainted aluminum), White, Tan, or Bronze. In addition to a Limited Lifetime Warranty, our storm window’s most popular features include:
- Offset design built into the main frame provides extra clearance from primary window and creates additional dead air space for more insulation and easier access to operate sashes.
- Patented ALLER-GUARD 100® with Microban® weather stripping on the full perimeter of the frame provides a seal between the frame and the sashes, and provides additional protection against mold, mildew, and pollen infiltration.
- "Spring Loaded" forced-entry resistant metal sash locks ensure a positive lock on all glass and screen inserts. These slide latches used on the sashes provide extra strength and a longer life than cheap plastic or nylon latches common to lesser storm designs.
- "Peel type flange" allows alteration of frame size to fit slightly out of square openings.
- Mechanical interlocks at the meeting rail, sill, and head combined with top and bottom wind deflectors helps eliminate rattles, dust, pollen, and excessive air infiltration.
- Available tubular hollow frames provide greater strength, stability and rigidity than older single-wall frame designs.
- Optional screens and various tints are available to reduce glare and harmful UV rays, and to improve the thermal performance of your existing windows.
- Dual-durometer flexible gasket around the perimeter mounting flange acts like a thermal break to reduce energy transfer through the existing window.
- Environmentally friendly, durable powder coated finish for long lasting color retention.